Friday, February 16, 2007

Some history, old commentary follows

I'm going to have a bunch of posts right at the start, because I've been writing a blog in BackPack, only I didn't know that's what it was, until Seah woke me out of what I think might have been years of narcolepsy, trying not to see things my eyes to see preferred not seeing (but not repression, I don't believe in it), or maybe it makes more sense to say, trying not to think things that I figured I shouldn't be thinking. Third time today, thank you David Seah.

So having been awakened, and realizing the things I've posted on BackPack (and before that on my student listserv) for my students and friends (and my friends admitted having trouble finding it) were blog material, I'm going to post them here, on a real blog, now. On occassion I might even post the last five years of writing notes to my students, with various clippings from other listservs (mainly in psychology/evolutionary psychology), but I think I should approach that slowly. I always thought "this is just for my students" and the idea that others might spy on me and my students, is unnerving. I have not made the whole world privy to my mutterings and psychology-gossip. But a few might fill in now and again, should I have a moment when I don't feel like writing. Good fortune or not, my mother often told me that my problem was talking too much, and when I put that in print, which I have a history of doing, it might really be too much. On the other hand maybe this will inspire my students to do more writing, at least to argue with me. This is then, an invitation. Thank you Dave Seah. I'm going add the letter you just published the other day, so here's the fifth, thank you.

No comments: