Saturday, February 17, 2007

From David Seah: people get together from those they dislike

This is a quote from Seah's Blog. I don't know how to format this yet, so quotes from other's are more easily identified as quotes (than is the case with the small quotation marks below). To see the whole blog in which this appeared:

http://davidseah.com/?s=my+friend+is+the+enemy+of+the+enemy&submit=search+site

I haven't figured out how to make references "clickable" (i.e. linked to their source) but I'm working on it. Meanwhile, Seah published this item in the above link, and if I read it right it previously appeared in:
New York Times Online via the Hill Holliday company blog. :: [1] #

"My Friend is the Enemy of My Enemy According to three researchers, the easiest way to make friends is to dislike the same things. Excerpt: “We found a very robust tendency for people to mention more negative than positive attitudes about other people,” Bosson says, and the closer the friends were, the more negative attitudes toward others that they shared. Apparently, stronger feelings are associated with things we dislike than things we feel good about, and that creates a bond. Is it true? As positive as I try to be, I must admit that when expressing why I have certain values, it often is in terms of what it is that I believe is wrong. Maybe it's time to rethink this." Seen on the New York Times Online via the Hill Holliday company blog. :: [1] #

No comments: