Sunday, December 2, 2007

I love New York (I do)

I don't know how I've survived this long without an introduction to reality TV, probably because I never watch TV, that is until I discovered I could download pilot shows from ITunes, and scan it in the middle of the night so it didn't inconvenience me --and the next thing I knew I was hooked on "Gossip Girl" and then "Grey's Anatomy" and finally disaster hit, I fell into something called "At Shot at Love with Tila Tequila" and I was gone. Well that was nothing. Last week a client, upon hearing of my affection for Tila Tequila, said "You've seen nothing yet, you're really going to love "I love New York."

Stop.

36 hours later:
I have watched Year One and Year Two (up to now) non-stop, no breaks except for 40 minutes of Kundalini yoga and food intermittently.

I am so irritated, none of these second season guys are in any way good enough for New York. She doesn't like any of them, she feels the pressure of the time limit of the show, and the lousy characters they selected for the second season. She's still hot for Chance and who can blame her, Chance and his brother are intelligent, smart, come close to her high intelligence unlike the rest of the choices. New York is rather brilliant. Why did the producers pick out idiots to pair her up with? What's with her mother? Her mother can't stand Chance. He has fits of hysterics all the time. But he's not violent like "Buddha," he's just prone to hysterics. He would freak out if anyone got really violent. He poses. She's as hysterical as Chance, so what's the big deal. Why should she have to pretend to get into these second season losers? She can't stand them, and she's right. She's trying to get into the best of them, but in no way are they good enough. And as for last season's "winner" -what a turkey he turned out to be, upset because of New York's comments about his mom. OK so New York is not always the most political woman, so what. What did he expect anyway?

So what are the writers/producers going to do? I know nothing about reality TV, and it would have been better if I had remained in the dark. I have however, formed a strong opinion, namely that if the characters selected to be on the show this year suck, she should not have to settle on any of them. Surely the producers are not morons and will not force her to carry on with this charade.

I have been kidnapped by reality TV, and will continue posting on this heady topics. Whomever was reading for academic edification, read no more. My brain has been highjacked.

If you have ANY spare time, I recommend "I love New York." I have no spare time and I wouldn't miss a minute of New York. Finally a woman we can identify with. Just imagine if she turned her attention to real politics, psychology, academia.

No comments: