Wednesday, April 25, 2007

GTD Implementation: A Quick Review/Beat Procratination

Getting involved in teaching my large spring class distracted me from GTD implementation, despite the fact that on my insistance, our second dumpster is sitting in front of the house, over half empty, screaming for attention. All eyes around here rest on me. I am the hold up. I should be bouncing up in the morning, eager to clear out files, clear out my papers, clear out my clothes, clear out every back corner hiding place around my house, of which there are many. Instead I am in bed, its close to 10AM, reviewing my day and the people I'll be seeing shortly. I've already essentially wasted the morning. I need another system to get myself going. The dumpster is here for five more days. Maybe its time to start another Pavlina run on a new habit. None of my resolutions have stuck too well. I'm still in bed at this hour of the morning instead of up at 6AM and right into exercise. I'm waiting until the last possible moment to get up and get ready for people. I'm complaining to myself about my shoulder hurting, arthritic aching. Is this a function of age, or a down mood that is hovering over me? I think its time to take action, this is no doubt the remedy. Maybe I need to make more public resolutions about what I'm doing and not doing. I have let the center of my life, the control system, slide away from me, time to recenter and take over again. Into action. Yesterday I worked on a new online course I'm developing, on "Current Issues and Debates in Psychopathology" and I have still another online course that needs to be developed. Today I will complete a series of actions (only to be determined after I overcome the inertia and get up and into the day).

1 comment:

dogs4u said...

Hey Dr. O'connor
It sounds like you live my dream, and are functioning about the same way I do. I am a Psych student in clnical Psyc at Walden, I have so much to do I can't get moving. I browse so much about GTD, but can't seem to implement it. I would like to hear about your online class.
cindy